Case Study - BI, Data Warehouse, and Dashboards with Distribution Leader
"Vizion allowed us to immediately obtain accurate data, increase our profitability and get a better understanding of our customers and what they purchase."
- National Sales Manager
Industry - Distribution
Technology - Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse, Dashboards
Industry leading distributor that distributes OEM and replacement products to independent businesses and online retailers across the United States. Was in the process of transitioning from private ownership to private equity firm with aggressive short term growth strategies and a priority on mergers and acquisitions.
This small business was experiencing tremendous growth and had just transferred ownership to a private equity firm. To maintain their status and growth trajectory, they needed access to their data and better reporting capabilities that their current systems were not capable of producing or did so too slowly. A tool to analyze costs, pricing and overall profitability needed to be introduced.
As sales continued to grow and an aggressive acquisition strategy was introduced, management needed a more reliable way of capturing their transactional data and information from various systems to effectively run the business and report to investors.
Vizion's Solution for Client Success
This project’s success lay in the ability to rapidly extract and cleanse the existing database into a highly scalable data warehouse and deploy an industry-leading analysis and reporting tool to provide access to relevant data.
The implementation of our Vizion360® Sales, Orders and Service Suite allowed this organization to access and use data through scorecards, dashboards and customizable reports. In some cases the solution exposed data that they didn’t even know existed and provided a platform to easily and quickly integrate future acquisitions' data and information.
- The new multi-dimensional data warehouse provides our client with powerful analytics to make more fully informed business decisions and the ability to perform highly granular, customer-level analyses.
- Allowed management to effectively monitor the organizations day to day activities through scorecards and dashboards by customer and by product.
- Decision-makers can analyze data at a moment’s notice without having to understand the technologies that drive the system.
- By leveraging the information collected in its database, the solution allows them to gain a deeper understanding of customer behavior.
- Increased the productivity of IT department to focus on IT related issues instead of report writing.
- Delivered accurate data for the creation of Sales and Marketing campaigns ultimately leading to the creation of a new outbound division. This created new sales and profits previously not realized.
- Greater visibility and understanding of their customer base allowing them to identify their most/least profitable customers and any customers that might be at risk.
As your partner, we can help!
We turn your company-wide data into actionable insights that can take your organization from good to industry leading!
- Grow the Top Line
- Improve Profitability
- Increase Productivity
- Manage Risk
Vizio360 is not just a vendor, we are your full-service BI solutions partner, assisting through all stages of the BI process from exploration to development, deployment, training, ongoing support and ultimately your continued success.