Impactful BI Platform: A Case Study on Event Source
Powered By Vizion360 Impact Analytics
Event Source, a premier special events industry company with eight different locations wanted to invest in the ability to further drive sales growth and proactively understand company and industry trends. Their traditional ERP reporting environment impacted the company’s ability to proactively answer questions, detect trends regarding item and customer buying behavior and easily present data visualizations to their sales reps. Furthermore, a recent acquisition was presenting multiple challenges from a data and reporting perspective.
- In the absence of a modern BI platform, the company had constant struggles understanding their inventory and purchasing metrics due to the data structure and the fact that it was now coming from separate systems.
- The Purchasing department would spend hours each day exporting and organizing data to be able to perform an analysis which allows them to see trends of their items.
- The ERP system lacks the functionality of being able to monitor and report on which orders changed from the days and or weeks before.
- The company relied on one reporting expert within the company to pull special queries for any ad-hoc requests from their ERP system and distributed unflattering crystal reports.
- Sales, Accounting, Purchasing and the Executive Team relied on static reports that didn’t allow for deep analysis, where not readily available and were outdated once finally produced.
- Event Source had multiple cases or process which required a human element and were untimely and inefficient. No automation in place.
We recommended a data management and business intelligence approach that was designed around the Vizion360 Impact Analytics Business Intelligence (BI) and Cloud Services platform. Working with the Event Source management team, we quickly learned about Event Source’s current data environment, reporting structure and business objectives and ultimately decided a phased approach starting with Sales data followed by Purchasing/Inventory would prove most beneficial.
The custom designed BI and Reporting Cloud Services solution, featuring Microsoft Power BI would provide an efficient and robust platform that supported all of Event Source’s reporting and analytics needs enabling the organization to quantify, track and analyze identified key Sales, Purchasing and Inventory performance metrics and eliminating the dependency on manual report writing and creation. The solution provided a data model and reporting platform allowing for the centralization of thier data from their systems and visibility into key metrics that can be monitored and measured on an ongoing basis.
Within 8 weeks, the Event source custom BI platform was implemented consisting of Sales, Purchasing and Inventory reporting solutions that addressed their data issues and allowed them to start managing their business proactively with the ability to make data driven decisions and share insights across the entire organization.
The new Vizion360™ BI platform, featuring Microsoft Power BI immediately resulted in key benefits for the organization that clearly addressed some underlying challenges:
- Questions that previously took 30+ minutes to answer now can be answered within 3 - 5 clicks
- Purchasing no longer has to spend hours each day exporting and organizing data to be able to perform an analysis to see trends of their items. Vizion360 automated this process which allows them to perform this task in seconds first thing every morning.
- The ERP system lacks the functionality of being able to monitor and report on which orders changed from the days and or weeks before. before, With Vizion360, Event Source can now quickly monitor order changes down to the actual order line of what may have changed.
- Event Source had multiple cases or processes which required a human element and were untimely and inefficient. Vizion has been able to automate process and procedures that once requires a human element to perform, thus driving efficiency.
Visibility to open orders, invoices, forecast, contributed value, & profitability by customer, product, sales person, etc. in one place. This resulted in a savings of manual effort and much greater speed to insight.
To Learn More About the Full 8 Week Experience...
Download the full Case Study here.