Impactful Manufacturing Insights: A Case Study on Aexcel Corporation
Powered by Vizion360 Impact Analytics
Aexcel, a $20M paint & industrial coatings manufacturing company wanted to invest in the ability to further drive sales growth and proactively understand trends. Their traditional ERP reporting environment impacted the company’s ability to proactively answer questions to detect trends regarding customer buying behavior and profitability.
Working with our strategic partner, Cohen & Company, we were able to deliver an impactful solution in just 8 short weeks.
- Sales, customer service & executives relied on static Microsoft Access® reports that although were trusted and reliable, didn’t allow for drilling in or slicing & dicing without calling someone else
- In the absence of a modern BI platform, the company relied on the 1-2 reporting experts within the company to pull special queries for any ad-hoc requests
- No reports existed that pulled together disparate data sources of open orders, invoices, intercompany transfers, and forecasts by common dimensions like customers and products
- The cumbersome nature of the reporting environment inadvertently discouraged employees from using it, resulting in limited data at decision-making fingertips of sales, customer service & executives
Our team leveraged leading practices to learn about the company’s current environment and quickly responded with a model to meet their objectives. Within 8 weeks, we implemented a solution to clearly address their challenges and generate value for the organization.
The new Vizion360™ BI platform immediately resulted in key benefits for the organization that clearly addressed some underlying challenges:
1. Questions that previously took 30+ minutes to answer now can be answered within 5 clicks:
- Why customer A is down vs. last year? What did they stop buying? When was our last order touchpoint with them?
- Where are we me missing our forecast or overdelivering?
- For accounts I’m responsible for, how am I doing vs. last year? Where are the biggest opportunities for margin or volume gains?
2. Visibility to open orders, invoices, forecast, contributed value, & profitability by customer, product, sales person, etc. in one place. This resulted in a savings of manual effort and much greater speed to insight.
When asked to describe the new platform in one word, responses from the project team included…
“Implementing Vizion360 was just a fun, rewarding experience. The project management from Cohen Consulting was exceptional. We immediately eliminated some clumsy reports and identified premium product with low profit margin.”
- Vice President
To Learn More About the Full 8 Week Experience...
Download the full Case Study here.