Parcel Margin Analysis
Connect sales to parcel and expose the impact unexpected shipping costs have on your margin. Gain insight and clarity using the business intelligence tool for parcel cost management.
How Does the Margin Analysis Help Parcel Shippers?
The short answer is that it will provide major savings on shipping costs AND the hours and resources spent auditing freight costs billed to customers. This tool takes your sales and manifest (or billed shipping cost) and connects it with the true cost of shipping.
- Easily identify orders that lose money due to delivery costs to expose major savings
- See the difference between anticipated delivery cost compared with true delivery cost
- Data visualizations make it easy to digest and understand data from a high-level down to the detail
- Slice and dice the data by customer or by product to get the answers you need
Find Your TRUE Shipping Cost
The cost that you expect for shipping can change from the time you ship and invoice to the time you get the bill. You can be charged additional fees for...
- Dimensional / Weight Discrepancies
- Additional Handling, Large Oversized, Overmax / Unauthorized
- Address Corrections
- Undeliverable / Returns
Example of Savings Found with Parcel BI
Analyzing Parcel Margin by Customer (Report Walkthrough)
*click to enlarge any of the images below
Overview Report Shows High-Level Insights
- Supports all carriers
- Exposes invoiced shipping to customers and all invoiced by carrier
- Margin is expressed in $ and %
- Measure by customer or by products
View by Customer to Expose Opportunities
Users can drill into a customer, expose individual orders, and then drill into the order detail. The table above is organized by customer. This dynamic table can be sorted as needed by the user. Columns include...
- Total Sale
- Invoiced Shipping to Customers
- Net Cost of Parcel
- Gross-Margin Pre-Shipping
- Parcel Net Impact on Margin
Drill Into Reports to View at a Customer or Order Level
By right-clicking a customer, you can drill into their data to view it by transactions (see below). Here, you can easily identify which orders are costing you. From there, you are able to drill through to a complete detailed report.
Order Detail Drill Through Report
- Product Detail, Sales $, Cost and Quantity Shipped by Order
- See Shipping Cost Detail: Expected vs. Actual
- KPIs: Shipping Cost Invoiced, Actual Costs, Margin Impact
Customer Detail Drill Through Report
- Invoiced to Customer, Invoiced From Carrier, Parcel Margin % and $ by Customer
- Customer Info: Name/#, Ship To City, Ship To State, Default Warehouse, Free Freight Minimum
- Chart to show relationship and trends of Sales, Net Parcel Invoiced, Discounted Cost from Carrier
- Breakdown by month (table): Package Count vs. Carrier Package Count, Sales, Invoiced to Customer, Discounted Cost from Carrier, Parcel Margin, GM $ and %, GP $ and %, Margin Impact
Dive Deeper Into Parcel BI
- Expose Major Savings with Parcel BI
- The Top 5 Charges Hiding In Your Parcel Invoice
- Our Story
- Sign up for a risk-free demo and parcel analysis
Download the Solution Sheet to see what data we need to get started on your data journey.